Included with the download of Datamapper ORM is a simple bug-tracking application. It is not complete (nor is it intended to be), but it has examples of a lot of Datamapper ORM functionality.
Setting up the Example Application
Follow these instructions to get the examples running on your server:
- Get a fully-functional version of CodeIgniter running, connected to a blank MySQL or PostgreSQL database.
- Complete the Installation Instructions. Make sure you include the application/datamapper and application/views folders.
- Copy everything in the examples folder into the new server. This includes views, controllers, and styling elements. If you haven't moved the CodeIgniter Application folder to the root of your website, you'll want to copy that into the correct place.
- Connect to your CI installation. It should automatically take you to the database setup screen.
Look for these boxes throughout the documentation for working examples in the example application.
These are some highlights from the examples.
- Handling Logins
Shows processing login attempts by users.
- HTML Form Usage
Shows how the model and controller can use the HTML Form extension to generate a form. Also shows using the Array Utilities extension to process a submitted form.
- More to come, but you should look through the example application for more examples!